Strength From Experience and Training...
The Wolverton & Associates, Inc. (W&A) Transportation Engineering services department was established in 1994. Our project team, made up of experienced engineers and CADD designers, has a proven record of meeting and exceeding project schedules for both private clients and public agencies. Quality design combined with sensible innovation has resulted in several transportation design awards in Georgia and has enabled us to build long term relationships with our clients. We believe that responsiveness, communication and dedication to our profession goes hand-in-hand with high quality engineering.
We have nearly two decades of experience with the Georgia Department of Transportation and the GDOT Plan Development Process (PDP). Our Georgia DOT experience and understanding of the PDP process enables us to more efficiently move projects through the design process and gives our clients the desired end results. Our staff is well trained in all the latest design standards and practices including all aspects of roadway design, design-build, hydraulic analysis, value engineering and construction administration.
Scope of Services...
- Conceptual Designs
- Preliminary and Final Construction Plans
- New Location Roadways
- Interstate/Interchange Highways
- Sidewalks/Pedestrian Improvements
- Drainage Improvements & Drainage Designs
- Maintenance of Traffic/Stage Construction Plans
- Value Engineering
- Signing and Marking Plans
- Public Involvement/Public Information Meetings
- Right-of-Way Plans
- Bridge Design
- Intersection Improvements
- Construction Administration
- Culvert Design and Hydraulic Analysis
- Hydraulic/Stormwater Studies
- Water/Sewer Designs
- Multi-lane Rural Widening
- Multi-lane Urban Widening
- Design-Build Consulting
- Pavement Ratings
- Roundabout Design
- Retaining Wall Design
GDOT Prequalified for:
- 1.09 - Location Studies
- 3.01 - Two-Lane or Multi-Lane Rural Roadway Design
- 3.02 - Two-Lane or Multi-Lane Urben Roadway Design
- 3.03 - Industrial and Residential Urban Areas Multi-Lane, Limited Access Expressway Type Highway Design
- 3.04 - Highway Design
- 3.05 - Design of Urban Expressway and Interstate
- 3.12 - Hydraulic and Hydrological Studies (Roadway)
- 3.13 - Facilities for Bicycles and Pedestrians
- 4.01 - Minor Bridge Design
- 9.01 - Erosion, Sedimentation, and Pollution Control and Comprehensive Monitoring Program
Wolverton delivers a complete set of plans. They spend the time, effort and quality control required to minimize rework and save Gwinnett County on construction costs and right of way impacts. They are extremely responsive and deliver when they say they are going to. They are also very knowledgeable in transportation engineering on a variety of different roadway projects that results in a time and cost saving to the County. These are the reasons why Wolverton is Gwinnett County's "go to" Consultant.
Director of Preconstruction for Georgia DOT